New macs arrived about 1 week before classes. Set up all new macs and older iMacs with system, plugins, and parental controls to allow students to complete work without accessing system. Set up shared folder for students to store files.
Discovered bugs in Apples implementation of Parental Controls in El Capitan. 2 Hours online support did not solve, though I got to speak with Apple Enterprise support, Apple standard support, and Apple Education support! Their conclusion was that there was definitely too many bugs and using parental controls was not an option. So I began to set up a server environment, with apple device management profiles using Apple Server.
But this was going to take even longer and I did not have the time to learn all this before classes started. So I spent an entire week of setting up, trying to work around the Apple bugs.